Zuni sentence example
- The westward-flowing streams - the San Juan, Rio Puerco of the West, Zuni, Rio San Francisco and Gila - are of only slight importance, though their flow is perennial.
- The timber used, chiefly white pine, is obtained from the Zuni mountains.
- In 1908 an irrigation reservoir in McKinley county for the use of the Zuni Indians and the Leasburg project (Dona Ana county; 20,000 acres) were completed.
- They lived in 19 villages of pueblos, the largest of which, Zuni, is more properly called a reservation, as it has been enlarged from time to time by grants from the Federal government.
- Zuni (pop. 1525) has a five-storeyed dwelling surrounded by detached huts; Acoma (pop. 492 in 1900; 566 in 1902), standing on a cliff 357 ft.Advertisement
- Indian day schools are maintained by the Federal government at Albuquerque, Jicarilla, Santa Fe and Zuni.
- Fray Marcos was made Provincial of his order for Mexico before the second trip to Zuni, and returned in 1541 to the capital, where he died on the 25th of March 1558 The Descubrimiento is one of the world's famous narratives of travel.
- It is represented to-day by the still undeserted habitats of Zuni (in New Mexico) and Tusayan; the Moquis, after the Zunis, are in customs and traditions the best survival of the ancient civilization.
- The 18 pueblos and the Zuni reservation contained in 1900 a population of 8127, and a total area of 1417 sq.
- A glimpse of the terraced houses of an Indian village - now identified as Zuni - convinced him that he had seen one of the Seven Cities, and he hastened back with the good news.Advertisement
- In addition to the many discounts, you can find Navajo and Zuni tribal jewelry collections made by Native American artisans.
- The tribes represented by these talented craftspeople include Hopi, Navajo, Santo Domingo, and Zuni.
- The Zuni River circles much of the park and features lazy curves and gently currents to enjoy, while the nearby wave pool offers more exciting splashes for everyone.