Zoophytes sentence example
- Malta has several species of zoophytes, sponges, mollusca and crustacea.
- Hincks, A History of British Hydroid Zoophytes (2 vols., London, 1868); 27.
- Turtle and sea-snakes abound, as do mollusca, of which a few are peculiar, and zoophytes.
- Dana on Zoophytes (1846), Geology (1849) and Crustacea (2 vols., 1852-1854).Advertisement
- Dujardin gave a less detailed but more accurate account under the name of Zoophytes Systolides.
- Vaughan T hompson,Zoological Researches (Cork,1830); memoir v., "Polyzoa, a new animal discovered as an inhabitant of some Zoophytes."
- To meet these defects it is found that numerous species encourage or demand the companionship of various zoophytes, simple or colonial.
- GRAPTOLITES, an assemblage of extinct zoophytes whose skeletal remains are found in the Palaeozoic rocks, occasionally in great abundance.
- Conseil observed and classified his zoophytes, articulates, mollusks, and fish.Advertisement
- The marine flora is dominated by seagrass beds providing a substratum for 100 species of zoophytes, juvenile fish and sea snakes.
- Dujardin, Histoire naturelle des zoophytes (1841); T.