Zoloft sentence example
- After several weeks and two autopsies, the official cause of death was listed as an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, including Zoloft and methadone.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as fluoxetine (Prozac) and sertraline (Zoloft) reduce depression by increasing levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter.
- The most effective of these are sertraline (Zoloft), fluoxetine (Prozac), and paroxetine (Paxil).
- Paxil and Zoloft are used to treat panic disorders with or without agoraphobia.
- Sertraline (Zoloft) was also found in studies to be effective with youths, slightly more so for adolescents than younger children.Advertisement
- The drugs under review include bupropion (Wellbutrin), citalopram (Celexa), fluoxetine (Prozac), mirtazapine (Remeron), nefazodone (Serzone), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), escitalopram (Lexapro) and venlafaxine (Effexor).
- Several of these drugs, including sertraline (Zoloft) and fluoxetine (Prozac) are approved for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder in pediatric patients.
- Drugs in this class given to treat trichotillomania in children include sertraline (Zoloft), fluvoxamine (Luvox), and clomioramine.
- Many medications for depression and anxiety-related conditions, such as Prozac and Zoloft, act on similar chemical pathways in the brain and need to be closed monitored.