Zohar sentence example
- In modern times the discovery of the modernity of the Zohar has led to injustice to the author.
- Two years after his marriage he became possessed of a copy of the Kabbalistic " Bible " - the Zohar of Moses de Leon.
- It is, however, not a mere coincidence that the two great kabbalistic text-books, the Bahir and the Zohar (both meaning "brightness"), appear first in the 13th century.
- 4), Surely He bath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows " (Zohar, ii.
- The Zohar pretends to be a compilation made by Simon b.Advertisement
- That eminent scholars both in the synagogue and in the church should have been induced to believe in its antiquity is owing to the fact that the Zohar embodies many older opinions and doctrines, and the undoubted antiquity of some of them has served as a lever in the minds of these scholars to raise the late speculations about the En Soph, the Sephiroth, &c., to the same age.
- He wrote commentaries on the Zohar, the "Bible of the Kabbalists," but is best known as the critic and expander of the Shulhan Aruch of Joseph Qaro (Caro) (q.v.).
- 2 On the Zohar, " the Bible of the Kabbalists," see below.
- It shows the influence of the Sepher Yesirah, is marked by the teaching of a celestial Trinity, is a rough outline of what the Zohar was destined to be, and gave the first opening to a thorough study of metaphysics among the Jews.
- His fame is due to his authorship of the most influential Kabbalist work, the Zohar (see Kabbala), which was attributed to Simon b.Advertisement
- To him were attributed the important legal homilies called Sifre and Mekhilta (see Midrash), and above all the Zohar, the Bible of the Kabbalah.
- In this month's interview, we spoke with Sabrina Zohar, the "It Girl" for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and a fundraiser for the Invisible Children Organization in Uganda.