Zno sentence example
- The inferior varieties of commercial "white lead" are produced by mixing the genuine article with more or less of finely powdered heavy spar or occasionally zinc-white (ZnO).
- Other zinc minerals are willemite, Zn 2 SiO 4, hydrozincite or zinc bloom, ZnCO 3.2Zn(OH)2, zincite or red zinc ore, ZnO, and franklinite, 3(Fe,Zn)0 (Fe,Mn) 2 0 3 .
- Zinc blende, however, being zinc sulphide, is not directly reducible by charcoal; but it is easy to convert it into oxide by roasting: the sulphur goes off as sulphur dioxide whilst the zinc remains in the (infusible) form of oxide, ZnO.
- Zinc forms only one oxide, ZnO, from which is derived a wellcharacterized series of salts.
- Zinc oxide, ZnO, is maufactured for paint by two processes - directly from the ore mixed with coal by volatilization on a grate, as in the Wetherill oxide process, and by oxidizing the vapour given off by a boiling bath of zinc metal.Advertisement
- Hofmann, Ber., 7 4, 430, 605), thus: 2 RI + 2 PH 4 I + ZnO = 2 R PH2 HI + ZnI 2 + H20, 2R1 + PH 4 I + ZnO = R 2 PH HI + ZnI 2 + H 2 O.
- It is a surface micromachined piezoelectric accelerometer employing a zinc oxide (ZnO) active piezoelectric film.