Zionism sentence example
- THEODOR HERZL (1860-1904), founder of modern political Zionism, was born in Budapest on the 2nd of May 1860, and died at Edlach on the 3rd of July 1904.
- He was opposed to political Zionism, and the Montreal Conference (1897), at his instigation, passed resolutions disapproving of the attempt to establish a Jewish state, and affirming that the Jewish Messianic hope pointed to a great universal brotherhood.
- Thus Krochmal may be called the originator of the idea of the mission of the Jewish people, "cultural Zionism" as it has more recently been termed.
- Herzl thus left an indelible mark on his time, and his renown is assured whatever be the fate in store for the political Zionism which he founded and for which he gave his life.
- But there is growing tendency to combine anti Zionism with Anti Semitism.Advertisement
- Dire warnings voiced at the birth of Zionism now sound prophetic.
- ideology of Revisionist Zionism.
- The influence of Herzl's pamphlet, the progress of the movement he initiated, the subsequent modifications of his plans, are told at length in the article Zionism.
- The Zionist Movement.-The Zionist movement (see Zionism), founded in 1895 by Theodor Herzl was in a sense the outcome of anti-Semitism.
- By the time they were fully emancipated by their European host nations, they invented Zionism.Advertisement
- holocaust survivor who now protests against Zionism.
- Many Jews and Israelis have an equal repugnance of Zionism.
- equate975 the UN General Assembly passed a resolution equating Zionism with racism.