Zim sentence example
- The quest for an interactive GIR robot didn't die when Nickelodeon's animated series Invader Zim was cancelled in 2002.
- The Emmy winning series survives as a cult hit on DVD, sparking continued interest in its characters and a market for the likenesses of Zim, GIR, and Dib on everything from action figures to pajamas.
- Invader Zim was first broadcast in 2001 and ran for less than two seasons.
- Chronicling the exploits of Zim, an alien visitor bent on destroying earth, his frenetic and hilarious robot GIR, and Dib, his archenemy, Invader Zim took a dark and witty look at modern life.
- Palisades Entertainment, LLC (Palisades Toys) had the exclusive contract from Nickelodeon for development of Invader Zim merchandise until it went bankrupt in 2006.Advertisement
- Today, there are a number of manufacturers making Invader Zim merchandise, but the market isn't what it was when the show went off the air.
- Although the prospect of a functioning, interactive GIR robot has some support from dedicated fans, interest in products based on Invader Zim remains static.
- Of the 40 Invader Zim episodes that were originally ordered, only 27 were completed.
- An average Invader Zim episode cost about 13 million dollars to make.