Zeuxis sentence example
- He endeavoured to spread among his people the refinements of Greek civilization, and invited to his court, which he removed from Aegae to Pella, many celebrated men, amongst them Zeuxis, Timotheus, Euripides and Agathon.
- Now all that was most brilliant in Greek literature and Greek art was concentrated in the court of Aegae; the palace was decorated by Zeuxis; Euripides spent there the end of his days.
- Zeuxis >>
- He was a great enthusiast for Greek art and culture, and introduced many of its masterpieces into Rome, amongst them the picture of the Muses by Zeuxis from Ambracia.
- There was once a painter whose name was Zeuxis. He could paint pictures so life-like that they were mistaken for the real things which they represented.Advertisement
- There was another famous artist whose name was Parrhasius. When he heard of the boast which Zeuxis had made, he said to himself, "I will see what I can do."
- Then he invited Zeuxis to come and see it.
- Zeuxis looked at it closely.
- Some time after this, Zeuxis painted another wonderful picture.