Zeuglodon sentence example
- Basilosaurus (or Zeuglodon) bones are found only in the Jackson marls, and other marine fossils are abundant.
- *Archaeoceti (Zeuglodon, &c.).
- Fraas, of Stuttgart, has demonstrated the derivation of the whale-like Zeuglodon from the creodonts.
- Andrews has, moreover, not only brought forward additional evidence in favour of this most remarkable line of descent, but is confident - which Professor Fraas was not - that Zeuglodon itself is an ancestral cetacean, and consequently that whales are the highly modified descendants of creodonts.
- It must be admitted, however, that the links between Zeuglodon and typical cetaceans are at present unknown; but it may be hoped that these will be eventually brought to light from the deposits of the Mokattam Range, near Cairo.Advertisement