Zermatt sentence example
- In the main chain the two longest are both 94 m., the Mer de Glace at Chamonix and the Gorner at Zermatt.
- 14,062 9,351 Lysjoch (Zermatt to Gressoney), snow 14,033 Mischabeljoch (Zermatt to Saas), snow 12,651 9,341 Alphubel Pass (same to same), snow 12,474 Adler Pass (same to same), snow.
- 12,461 9,311 Moming Pass (Zermatt to Zinal), snow 12,287 Schwarzthor (Zermatt to Ayas), snow.
- 14,758 Mont Maudit 14,669 Dent Blanche 14,318 Dome du Goiter 14,210 Grand Combin 14,164 Castor 13,879 Zinal Rothhorn 13,856 Alphubel 13,803 Grandes Jorassesï¿½ 13,797 Rimpfischhornï¿½ 13,790 Strahlhorn .ï¿½ 13,751 Dent d'Herens 13,715 Zermatt Breithornï¿½ 13,685 Aiguille Verte .ï¿½ 13,541 Ober Gabelhorn..
- Further mountain torrents (of greater volume than those higher up) fall into the Rhone as it rolls along in a south-westerly direction towards Martigny: the Visp (left), coming from the Zermatt valley, falls in at Visp, at Gampel the Lonza (right), from the Ldtschen valley, at Leuk the Dala (right), from the Gemmi Pass, at Sierre the Navizen (left), from the Einfisch or Anniviers valley, at Sion, the capital of the Valais, the Borgne (left) from the Val d'Herens; soon the Rhone is joined by the Morge (right), flowing from the Sanetsch Pass, and the boundary in the middle ages between Episcopal Valais to the east and Savoyard Valais to the west, and at Martigny by the Dranse (left), its chief Alpine tributary, from the Great St Bernard and the Val de Bagnes.Advertisement
- Formerly Zermatt was called "Praborgne," and this name is mentioned in the Swiss census of 1888.
- Zermatt was long known to botanists and geologists only, and has an interesting though very local history.
- Seiler died in 1891 he was proprietor of most of the great hotels in and around Zermatt.
- Nowadays it is frequently ascended in summer, especially from Zermatt.
- 14,758 Mont Maudit 14,669 Dent Blanche 14,318 Dome du Goiter 14,210 Grand Combin 14,164 Castor 13,879 Zinal Rothhorn 13,856 Alphubel 13,803 Grandes JorassesÃ¯¿½ 13,797 RimpfischhornÃ¯¿½ 13,790 Strahlhorn .Ã¯¿½ 13,751 Dent d'Herens 13,715 Zermatt BreithornÃ¯¿½ 13,685 Aiguille Verte .Ã¯¿½ 13,541 Ober Gabelhorn..Advertisement