Zebulun sentence example
- 5 Special mention is made of Jonah, a prophet of Zebulun in (north) Israel (2 Kings xiv.
- " Zebulun."
- In the "blessing upon Zebulun and Issachar" in Deut.
- [There is a tiny village of the same name in Zebulun, 7 m.
- This is the plain of Zebulun or Asochis, of antiquity.Advertisement
- The district held by this tribe bordered upon Naphtali, and lay to the north of Issachar and Zebulun, and to the south of Dan.
- 17), and although it shares with Zebulun and Naphtali in Gideon's defeat of the Midianites (Judg.
- JONAH, in the Bible, a prophet born at Gath-hepher in Zebulun, perhaps under Jeroboam (2) (781-741 B.C.?), who foretold the deliverance of Israel from the Aramaeans (2 Kings xiv.
- 24 finds a close parallel in " the Testament of Zebulun," viii.
- Zebulun >>Advertisement
- The names Zebulun, 'Izebel (Jezebel), suggest that Zebul may be an ancient name of a deity; cf.
- This broad valley, running westwards to the coast, is perhaps the old boundary of Zebulun - the valley of Jiphthah-el (Josh.
- 11-28), Simeon, Zebulun, Issachar, Asher, Naphtali and Dan (xix.; on v.
- 24 (due to P), the double play upon the names Zebulun and Joseph, xxx.