Zebu sentence example
- The horns of the zebu variety are sometimes four feet long.
- The ordinary cattle of Hainan are apparently a cross between the little yellow cow of south China and the zebu of India.
- heinsii), we find one moufflon (Musimon vignei), formerly known only in the Himalayas, the Chinese antelope (Antilope subgutturosa) and the saiga antelope in the steppe's, the Siberian ibex and another goat, the yak, the zebu or Indian ox, the common ox, the camel and the dromedary.
- In Europe the name zebu is generally applied to the Indian breed, although no such designation is known in India itself.
- animals in the steppe the first place belongs to the camel; next come goat and sheep (not the ordinary fat-tailed variety); the common buffalo is often kept by the Arabs and the Turkomans on the Euphrates and the Tigris; on the Euphrates is found the Indian zebu.Advertisement
- He also finds out how to make an altogether stranger dish consisting of zebu cattle penis and sprigs of marijuana.
- zebu cattle was conducted in 9 villages in 4 districts in South Eastern Uganda.
- Most of the cattle are of the zebu or hump-backed variety, but there Ã¯¿½ are also two breeds - one large, the other resembling the Jersey cattle - which are straight-backed.
- (For Britomartis see separate article.) Among the chief attributes of Artemis are: the hind, specially regarded as her sacred animal; the bear, the boar and the goat; the zebu (, Artemis Leucophrys); the lion, one of her oldest animal symbols; bow and arrows, as goddess of the chase and death; a mural crown, as the protectress of cities; the torch, originally an attribute of the goddess of the chase or marriage, but, like the crescent (originally an attribute of the Asiatic nature goddesses), transferred to Artemis, when she came to be regarded as a moon-goddess.
- A longitudinal study of 450 mainly small east African zebu cattle was conducted in 9 villages in 4 districts in South Eastern Uganda.Advertisement
- Most of the cattle are of the zebu or hump-backed variety, but there ï¿½ are also two breeds - one large, the other resembling the Jersey cattle - which are straight-backed.