Zealanders sentence example
- The convention was attended by Sir George Grey, who was publicly welcomed to the colony by New Zealanders resident in Sydney, and by other admirers, and his reception was an absolute ovation.
- By the New Zealanders they are cordially liked.
- on the right and the New Zealanders on the left, carried Gonnelieu and Banteux in the right section, securing a bridge-head at Crevecoeur in the left section of its zone of attack.
- The desire of New Zealanders to strike a blow for the mother-country took the practical shape of despatching to South Africa ten successive contingents.
- The Rev. William Ellis, an early English missionary, described the natives as follows: " The inhabitants of these islands are, considered physically, amongst the finest races in the Pacific, bearing the strongest resemblance to the New Zealanders in stature, and in their well-developed muscular limbs.Advertisement
- The tattooing of their bodies is less artistic than that of the New Zealanders, and much more limited than among some of the other islanders.
- The Hawaiian language is a member of the widely-diffused Malayo-Polynesian group and closely resembles the dialect of the Marquesas; Hawaiians and New Zealanders, although occupying the most remote regions north and south at which the race has been found, can understand each other without much difficulty.
- 40pµ6s, a basket, in allusion to one of the uses made of its leaves by the New Zealanders.
- These regulations also met the objections voiced by Australians and New Zealanders that the country won for Great Britain at such cost had been thrown open to hordes of Asiatics.
- Had the Australians or New Zealanders, for instance, ever possessed the potter's art, they could hardly have forgotten it.Advertisement
- Coming to races more advanced in civilization, we find the New Zealanders in possession of ancient hymns in which the origin of things is traced back to nothing, to darkness, and to a metaphysical process from nothing to something, from being to becoming.