Zarathustra sentence example
- The ancient Gathas, which were supposed to be the composition of Zarathustra himself, received the homage of later worshippers.'
- Thus we read in Vendidad xviii., " Many there be, noble Zarathustra, who bear the mouth bandage, who have yet not girded their loins with the law.
- If such a one says ` I am an Athravan ' he lies, call him not Athravan, noble Zarathustra, said Ahura Mazda, but thou shouldst call him priest, noble Zarathustra, who sits awake the whole night through and yearns for holy wisdom that enables man to stand on death's bridge fearless and with happy heart, the wisdom whereby he attains the holy and glorious world of paradise."
- She dwells on high in the Heavenly Home, the radiant "Abode of song," but Zarathustra summons her thence, begs for her fellowship, and prays her for righteousness of thought, speech and deed.'
- So he wrote ' Thus Spoke Zarathustra ' during a period of intense catharsis, and was afterward engulfed in bitterness.Advertisement
- The new Sassanid Empire which he founded enforced the restored religion of Zoroaster (Zarathustra) on the whole of Iran.
- The name (Zwpo urrpns) is the corrupt Greek form of the old Iranian Zarathustra (new Persian, Zardusht).
- According to Darmesteter, the Zarathustra of the Avesta is a mere myth, a divinity invested with human attributes, an incarnation of the storm-god, who with his divine word, the thunder, comes and smites the demons.