Zarathustra sentence example
- The ancient Gathas, which were supposed to be the composition of Zarathustra himself, received the homage of later worshippers.'
- Thus we read in Vendidad xviii., " Many there be, noble Zarathustra, who bear the mouth bandage, who have yet not girded their loins with the law.
- If such a one says ` I am an Athravan ' he lies, call him not Athravan, noble Zarathustra, said Ahura Mazda, but thou shouldst call him priest, noble Zarathustra, who sits awake the whole night through and yearns for holy wisdom that enables man to stand on death's bridge fearless and with happy heart, the wisdom whereby he attains the holy and glorious world of paradise."
- PARSEES, or Parsis, the followers in India of Zoroaster (Zarathustra), being the descendants of the ancient Persians who emigrated to India on the conquest of their country by the Arabs in the 8th century.
- She dwells on high in the Heavenly Home, the radiant "Abode of song," but Zarathustra summons her thence, begs for her fellowship, and prays her for righteousness of thought, speech and deed.'Advertisement
- 6 but how the heavenly Daena was wrought by Zarathustra into written form is nowhere stated.
- So he wrote ' Thus Spoke Zarathustra ' during a period of intense catharsis, and was afterward engulfed in bitterness.
- Nietzsche's tight-rope walker at the beginning of ' Zarathustra ' ).
- The new Sassanid Empire which he founded enforced the restored religion of Zoroaster (Zarathustra) on the whole of Iran.
- The name (Zwpo urrpns) is the corrupt Greek form of the old Iranian Zarathustra (new Persian, Zardusht).Advertisement
- According to Darmesteter, the Zarathustra of the Avesta is a mere myth, a divinity invested with human attributes, an incarnation of the storm-god, who with his divine word, the thunder, comes and smites the demons.
- His writings in their chronological order are as follows: Die Geburt der TragÃƒ¶die aus dem Geiste der Musik (1872); UnzeitgemÃƒsse Betrachtungen (1873-1876) (Strauss - Vom Nutzen und Nachteil der Historie fÃƒ¼r das Leben - Schopenhauer als Erzieher - Richard Wagner in Bayreuth); Menschliches, Allzumenschliches (1876-1880); MorgenrÃƒ¶te (1881); Die frÃƒ¶hliche Wissenschaft (1882); Also sprach Zarathustra (1883-1884); Jenseits von Gut und BÃƒ¶se (1886); Zur Genealogie der Moral (1887); Der Fall Wagner (1888); GotzendÃƒmmerung (1888); Nietzsche contra Wagner, Der Antichrist, and Poems first appeared in the complete edition of his works, which also contains the notes for Wille our Macht, in which Nietzsche had intended to give a more systematic account of his doctrine (1895-1901).
- Other works by Tiele are: De Godsdienst van Zarathustra, van het Ontstaan in Baktrie, tot den Val van het Oud-Perzische Rijk (1864) a work now embodied, but much enlarged and improved by the latest researches of the author, in the History of Religions (vol.
- Nietzsche 's tight-rope walker at the beginning of ' Zarathustra ').