Zamora sentence example
- He entered the Cortes in 1854 as a Progressist deputy for Zamora.
- Sancho having been slain in 1072, while engaged in the siege of Zamora, Aiphonso returned from exile and occupied the vacant throne.
- Maracaibo was founded in 1571 by Alonso Pacheco, who gave it the name Nueva Zamora.
- Don Enrique de Villena took from Les Prouesses his prose Los Doze Trabajos de Hercules (Zamora, 1483 and 1499), and Fernandez de Heredia wrote Trabajos y afanes de Hercules (Madrid, 1682), which belies its title, being a collection of adages and allegories.
- On the last occasion he was one of the four delegates charged with signifying Nicholas IV.'s desire for the deposition of Munio de Zamora, who had been master of the order from 1285, and was deprived of his office by a papal bull dated the 12th of April 1291.Advertisement
- The Santiago, which enters the Maranon near the Pongo de Manseriche, is formed by the confluence of the Paute, which rises in the province of Azuay, and the Zamora, which has its source among the mountains of Loja.
- Twelve years of campaigning on the Galician frontier were concluded in 1143 by the peace of Zamora, in which Alphonso was recognized as independent of any Spanish sovereign, although he promised to be a faithful vassal of the pope and to pay him a yearly tribute of four ounces of gold.
- A river called the Paute dashes through the eastern Andes from the valley of Cuenca; and a second, the Zamora, has broken through the same range from the basin of Loja.
- There is but little known of a trustworthy character regarding this river, but Wolf says that it is probably navigable up to the junction of the Paute with the Zamora.
- Murdered at Zamora.Advertisement
- It describes a wide curve eastwards past Soria, then flows westward across the Castilian table-land, passing south of Valladolid, with Toro and Zamora on its right bank; then from a point 3 m.
- Zamora, Spain (Province) >>
- Thoroughly frightened, Zamora threw himself on the ground.
- His flight from the monastery of Sahagun, where his brother Sancho endeavoured to imprison him, his chivalrous friendship for his host Almanun of Toledo, caballero aunque mon, a gentleman although a Moor, the passionate loyalty of his vassal Peranzules and his brotherly love for his sister Urraca of Zamora, may owe something to the poet who took him for hero.
- The San Francisco edition of this show remains particularly poignant as gay roommate Pedro Zamora brought to light LGBT rights as well as AIDS awareness and education.Advertisement
- Anyone taken by the ever-popular animal trend will appreciate Zamora, a six piece collection that includes rolling travel and shopping totes, safari and rolling duffles and vertical uprights.
- An example of this was Pedro Zamora, who was openly homosexual during filming of the San Francisco house, and eventually succumbed to AIDS in 1994, after a long battle with the disease and plenty of activism credited to his name.
- Castile was left to his eldest son Sancho, Leon to Alphonso, Galicia to Garcia, Zamora and Toro to his two daughters Urraca and Elvira.