Zamites sentence example
- They are characterized by fine cycads (Zamites arcticus and Glossozamites Hoheneggeri), which also occur in the Urgonian strata of Wernsdorff.
- Williamson was the first to express the opinion that the Bennettitean flowers known as Williamsonia were borne on the trunks which terminated in a crown of pinnate fronds of the type long known as Zamites gigas; this view was regarded by Saporta and others as incorrect, and the nature of the Bennettitean foliage was left an open question.
- Androstrobus Balduini from Bathonian rocks of France; Zamites familiaris, described many years ago by Corda, from Lower Cretaceous rocks of Bohemia, and Androstrobus Nathorsti, from Wealden beds in Sussex.
- those pre viously described as Zamites gigas (fig.
- 15, 4), and the fronds of Zamites gigas, now known as Williamsonia gigas (fig.Advertisement