Zamindari sentence example
- At the same time the nawab made a grant to the company of the zamindari rights over an extensive tract of country round Calcutta, now known as the district of the Twenty-four Parganas.
- Clive's jagir, as it was called, subsequently became a matter of inquiry in England, and on his death it passed to the company, thus merging the zamindari in the proprietary rights.
- The zamindari system obtains throughout northern and central India, and also in the permanently settled estates of Madras.
- In the other provinces variations of the zamindari and ryotwari systems are found.
- Originally the company possessed only the zamindari rights, i.e.Advertisement