Yuen sentence example
- Mongolia is now administered by a Lifan Yuen or superin tendency with headquarters at Peking.
- Of these the principal are the Lawa, Lamet, Ka Hok, Ka Yuen and Kamoo, the last four collectively known to the Siamese as Ka.
- The tablet itself was in October 1907 removed by Chinese officials into the city proper, and placed in the Pei Lin or "forest of tablets," a museum in which are collected tablets of the Han, Tang, Sung, Yuen and Ming dynasties, some of which bear historical legends, notably a set of stone tablets having the thirteen classics inscribed upon them, while others are symbolical or pictorial; among these last is a full-sized likeness of Confucius.
- Khaishan Kuluk, third of the Yuen dynasty; 1307-1311): this has been disputed, but he unquestionably won remarkable successes in North and East China.
- His mid-air feinting kicks, spins and flips recall the mid-80s heyday of Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao.Advertisement
- Not only were most of the foreign buildings destroyed, but also a large number of important Chinese buildings in the vicinity of the foreign quarter, including the ancient Hanlin Yuen, the boards of war, rites, &c. Almost the whole of the business quarter, the wealthiest part of the Chinese city, was laid in ashes (see China: History).