Ysabel sentence example
- Chalmers on the coast of the Gulf of Papua (1893), and of officers of the German New Guinea Company in the ship " Ysabel " on the coasts and among the islands of the German territory; the expedition which crossed the south-eastern peninsula from Huon Gulf of which both the leaders, O.
- They established a War with depot at Point Ysabel (behind the opening of Brazos United Santiago), and erected a fort in Texan territory, corn States, manding Matamoros, on the Mexican side of the Rio 1846-48.
- This provoked the Mexican forces into a defensive invasion of Texas, to cut the American communications with Point Ysabel.
- The expedition surveyed the southern portion of the group, and named the three large islands San Cristoval, Guadalcanal and Ysabel.
- In 1788 the English lieutenant Shortland coasted along the south side of the chain, and, supposing it to be a continuous land, named it New Georgia; and in 1792 Captain Edward Manning sailed through the strait which separates Ysabel from Choiseul and now bears his name.Advertisement
- In 1893 the islands Malaita, Marovo, Guadalcanal ' He called Gower, Inattendue; Ulava, Contrariete; and named Port Praslin, the harbour at the north-west of Ysabel.
- m.), Isabel (Ysabel, of about the same area as Choiseul) and Malaita (2400 sq.