Young-s-modulus sentence example
- The whole of the rod will therefore be subject to a compressive longitudinal stress P, the associated contraction R, expressed as a fraction of the original length, being R = P/M = (B 2 -H2)/87-M, where M is Young's modulus.
- 2 The results are too numerous to discuss in detail; some of those to which special attention is directed are the following: In Swedish iron and tungsten-steel the change of elastic constants (Young's modulus and rigidity) is generally positive, but its amount is less than 0.5%; changes of Young's modulus and of rigidity are almost identical.
- In nickel the maximum change of the elastic constants is remarkably large, .amounting to about 15% for Young's modulus and 7% for rigidity; with increasing fields the elastic constants first decrease and then increase.
- But if y is the displacement at A, dy/dx is the extension at A, and the force acting is a pull across A equal to Y&uodyldx, where Y is Young's modulus of elasticity.
- impact excitation is used to determine the Young's modulus of the coating independent of Poisson's ratio.Advertisement
- There are shears of the order dry/dx and the simple Young's modulus system can no longer be taken to represent the actual condition (see Rayleigh, Sound, i.