Young pretender sentence example
- Derby, however, was always royalist in sympathy, and did not finally surrender till 1646; in 1659 it rebelled against Richard Cromwell, and in 1745 entertained the young Pretender.
- To this type of glass belong many of the Jacobite glasses which commemorate the old or the young Pretender.
- C. Ewald, Life and Times of Charles Stuart, the Young Pretender (2 vols., 1875); C. S.
- He gave new information about the continental career of the Young Pretender in Pickle the Spy (1897), an account of Alastair Ruadh Macdonell, whom he identified with Pickle, a notorious Hanoverian spy.
- The Young Pretender stayed in it in 1745, and the duke of convention of 1880, divided between the two nearly equal forces of Blaine and General U.Advertisement
- In 1715 the Earl Marischal proclaimed the Old Pretender at Aberdeen, and in 1745 the duke of Cumberland resided for a short time in the city before attacking the Young Pretender.
- He showed his spirit as a boy by riding across from Wentworth to Carlisle in 1746 to join the duke of Cumberland in his pursuit of the Young Pretender.
- The young pretender is causing a stir in a series of sleepy towns.