Yore sentence example
- By a bold attack, in the manner of the Kharijites of yore, Tahir penetrated into the centre of the hostile army and killed Ali.
- Do you know any hackneyed clichés of yore?
- There are no centuries' old customs or tales recalling days of yore.
- For the Jewish law of the admission of proselytes, see Shullhan Aruch, Yore Deah, § 268.
- It is to this that Lord Byron alludes in his Epistle to Augusta:- " A strange doom is thy father's son's, and past Recalling as it lies beyond redress, Reversed for him our grandsire's fate of yore, He had no rest at sea, nor I on shore."Advertisement
- Today's dog houses types offer a variety of amenities not found in the days of yore.
- Still, there's something to be said for the benefits of free weights -- it's hard to cheat during a classic squat -- and it quite obviously works, as evidenced by Arnold and his cadre in the days of yore.
- The glorious eccentrics, the crazy pedagogues of yore, have all been laid to rest.
- There is a woman living at the house - your typical heroine from the days of yore.
- pedagogues of yore, have all been laid to rest.Advertisement
- I heard a robin in the distance, the first I had heard for many a thousand years, methought, whose note I shall not forget for many a thousand more--the same sweet and powerful song as of yore.
- adjoining hunts are the Zetland, Hurworth, Bilsdale, York and Ainsty (North ), and West of Yore.