Yeovil sentence example
- of Yeovil.
- In Stuart times all ranks of society believed in her, and referring to her supposed foretelling of the Great Fire, Pepys relates that when Prince Rupert heard, while sailing up the Thames on the 10th of October 1666, of the outbreak of the fire "all he said was, ` now Shipton's prophecy was out.'" One of her prophecies was supposed to have menaced Yeovil, Somerset, with an earthquake and flood in 1879, and so convinced were the peasantry of the truth of her prognostications that hundreds moved from their cottages on the eve of the expected disaster, while spectators swarmed in from all quarters of the county to see the town's destruction.
- YEOVIL, a market town and municipal borough in the S.
- Yeovil (Gyoele, Evill, Ivle, Yeoele) before the Conquest was part of the private domains of the Anglo-Saxon kings.
- In 14th-century documents it is described as a town or borough governed by a portreeve, who frequently came into conflict with the parson of St John's church, who had become lord of the manor of Yeovil during the reign of Henry III.Advertisement
- Main line - Woking, Basingstoke, Salisbury, Yeovil, Exeter, Plymouth; Woking, Guildford and Portsmouth,.
- Yeovil athletics arena The floodlit athletics arena offers some of the most comprehensive facilities in the South West.
- Yeovil teenager gets Canada call Sat 08 Apr Young Yeovil midfielder Gavin McCallum has earned his first call-up to the senior Canada side.
- Many of the original buildings, including the large hangar constructed for Vimy production, are still in use within the Yeovil factory today.
- I will calling in at Yeovil Job Center and visiting the octagon in the evening.Advertisement
- sailcloth manufacturers are not shown to be in Yeovil, rope and twine, and sack and sacking manufacturers are included.
- PLA operates markets at Frome, Yeovil and Chippenham which will continue unaffected by the Bristol development.
- However, tho sailcloth manufacturers are not shown to be in Yeovil, rope and twine, and sack and sacking manufacturers are included.
- Born in 1969, she grew up listening to the likes of Bob Dylan and Captain Beefheart on a sheep farm in Yeovil.