Yeas sentence example
- The nays and yeas were evenly split while the vast majority either weren't aware of the so-called Psychic Tipster or couldn't care less.
- Money bills may originate in either house, but at the final vote on such a bill in either house three-fifths of the members elected to that house must be present and the yeas and nays must be recorded; bills entailing appropriations for local or private purposes must receive a two-thirds majority to pass.
- The constitution provides that no bill or joint resolution shall pass either house except by an affirmative vote of a majority of all the members elected to that house and requires that on the final vote the yeas and nays be recorded.
- In February 1780 he withdrew from Congress because of its refusal to respond to his call for the yeas and nays.
- " The returns showed 10,393 yeas to 6501 nays, but they also showed that less than one-half the full vote had been cast.Advertisement
- Acting upon these returns the legislature passed a bill prescribing the terms of separation, and directed another vote of the towns and plantations upon the question of separation and the election of delegates to a convention at Brunswick which should proceed to frame a constitution in case the second popular vote gave a majority of five to four for separation; but as that vote was only 11,969 yeas to 10,347 nays the advocates of separation were unsuccessful.
- Twenty nine Kazakh army engineers have destroyed more than three-and-a-half million pieces of deadly ordinance in two yeas of operations.
- Water the tree well and get ready to enjoy yeas of shade, flowers and pretty leaves.
- Though the popularity of soy candles has grown in the past few yeas, a lot of at-home candle makers aren't using soy wax.