Yar sentence example
- On this side the Medina estuary opens northward, and those of the Newtown and the Yar north-westward into the strait.
- His marriage with Mal Khatun, the daughter of the learned sheikh Edbali, has been surrounded by poetical legend; he married his son Orkhan to the beautiful Greek Nilofer, daughter of the lord of Yar Hissar, whom he carried off from her destined bridegroom on her marriage-day; the fruits of this union were Suleiman Pasha and Murad.
- The administration of the whole of the states on the right bank of the Oxus, down to the Russian boundary line at Ichka Yar, is now in the hands of Bokhara, including Karateghin - which the Russians have transferred to it from Khokand - and Darwaz at the entrance to the Pamir highlands.
- Andrew Goddard's oil paintings are of the tidal mud flats of the river Yar in the Isle of Wight.
- Herat remained thus till Kamran's death (1842), and after that was held by his able and wicked minister Yar Mahommed.Advertisement
- insensate cruelty, of human suffering, are reminiscent of Treblinka or Babi Yar.
- mud flats of the river Yar in the Isle of Wight.
- Tasha Yar - Chief Security Officer for the Enterprise 1701-D, Yar died in the line of duty, although an alternate timeline sent her back in time where she was captured by Romulans and gave birth to a daughter.
- Osman continued his victorious career against the Greeks, and by his valour and also through allying himself with Keusse Mikhal, lord of Harman Kaya, became master of Ainegeul, Bilejik and Yar Hissar.
- the latter chief had reappeared in arms against his authority; he had gained possession of Meshed itself, driving the prince-governor, Hamza Mirza, into the citadel; and so firm was his attitude that Yar Mahommed of Herat, who had come to help the government officials, had retired after a fruitless co-operation, drawing away the prince-governor also.Advertisement
- As to Afghanistan, the vizier Yar Mahommed had in 1842, when the British troops were perishing in the passes, or otherwise in the midst of dangers, caused Kamran to be suffocated in his prison.
- However, when The Next Generation aired, security officer Tasha Yar, played by Denise Crosby, died by the end of the first season in the episode Skin of Evil because she wanted to leave the show.
- With parallel dimensions and alternate time lines, Denise Crosby returned as a guest star in later TNG episodes as Tasha Yar's offspring and as Tasha from an alternate timeline.