Yap sentence example
- to the south, and are now brought to Yap in European vessels.
- Volkens, "Ober die Karolinen Insel Yap," in Verhandlungen Gesellschaft Erdkunde Berlin., xxviii.
- The trenches of Yap (4122 fathoms) and Palau (Pelew) (4450 fathoms) are not immediately connected with that of Marianne.
- 9 (4, 5), on the relation of Greek sacrifices and festivals to Kou'wviac and politics: al yap apxaiac Ovotac Kai vuvoSoa 4aivovrac yiyveo-Oat uera rhs Kaplrcov crvyKoptSas olov airapxai; cf.
- The islands were bought by Germany from Spain in 1899, and are administered together with the western Carolines, Yap being the administrative centre.Advertisement
- These were contested by Germany, whose flag was hoisted on Yap, and the matter was referred to the arbitration of Pope Leo XIII.
- Diogenes Laertius says, "If the gods use dialectic, they can use none other than that of Chrysippus"; A yap v Xpuvciriros, oinc av i v Ewa, ("Without Chrysippus, there had been no Porch").
- is covered by the four main islands, Ponape and Kusaie in the eastern group, Truk or Hogolu in the central, and Yap in the western.
- ex nihilo nihil), nor from being (E'in yap a y arw Kai ou ybioLTo).
- ob yap 'Ia- n ', Kpvirrbv O ob cPavE[pOv yev170'ETa6 Kai TEBappivov b o[1K iyEpO17vETaL.Advertisement
- The Germans divide the whole archipelago into two administrative districts, eastern and western, having the seats of government at Ponape and Yap respectively.
- The inhabitants of Yap are noted for possessing the most extraordinary currency, if it can he so called, in the whole world.
- Frazer both explain Pasiphae's monstrous union as a sacred ceremony (iepos yap,os), at which the queen of Cnossus was wedded to a bull-formed god, just as the wife of the iip X wv lwnXein in Athens was wedded to Dionysus.
- 388), heeding not the visitation of the gods, or of) yap KUKXw7rec Ate ...
- 3 Sophron's mime began with 7r6, yap a 6ac i 5aXTos; Theocritus's begins with ir¢ b un Tai SacAvac; The Scholiast thought that Theocritus showed want of taste in, making Thestylis a persona muta, instead of giving her a share in the dialogue as Sophron had done.Advertisement
- The foreign policy of the administration at first seemed likely to emphasize independence of action, in contradistinction to that of President Wilson; the threatened war between Panama and Costa Rica was prevented by a sharp note from Secretary Hughes; the claims of the Japanese to a mandate over Yap were stoutly denied; the administration refused to follow Great Britain in resuming trade relations with Soviet Russia.
- Change, growth and decay he explained on the principle of mechanical compensation (S&Sovai yap aura rir6Y Kai S&KT, rTjc aSucias).