Yao sentence example
- Of this group of people, among whom may be named the Yao, Yao Yin, Lanten, Meo, Musur (or Muhso) and Kaw, perhaps the best known and most like the Lao are the Lu - both names meaning originally "man" - who have in many cases adopted a form of Buddhism (flavoured strongly by their natural respect for local spirits as well as tattooing) and other relatively civilized customs, and have forsaken their wandering life among the hills for a more settled village existence.
- From the time of the emperor Yao, upwards of 2000 years B.C., the Chinese had two different years, - a civil year, which was regulated by the moon, and an astronomical year, which was solar.
- We must, therefore, suppose the cycle to have begun 2397 B.C., or forty years before the reign of Yao.
- The mathematical tribunal has, however, from time immemorial counted the first year of the first cycle from the eighty-first of Yao, that is to say, from the year 2277 B.C.
- Other tribes, whose presence is probably owing to immigration at remote or recent periods, are the Karens of the western frontier range, the Lu, Yao, Yao Yin, Meo and Musur of northern Siam.Advertisement
- The Lu, Yao, Yao.
- at an altitude of 3100 ft., on a low spur overlooking the valley of the Nam Yao.
- Under Burmese rule Lashio was also the centre of authority for the northern Shan States, but the Burmese post in the valley was close to the Nam Yao, in an old Chinese fortified camp. The Lashio valley was formerly very populous; but a rebellion, started by the sawbwa of Hsenwi, about ten years before the British occupation, ruined it, and it is only slowly approaching the prosperity it formerly enjoyed; pop. (1901) 2565.
- This is known from the orders promulgated by the emperor Yao about 2300 B.C., as recorded in the Shu Chung, a collection of do'.uments antique in the time of Confucius (550-478 B.C.).
- And Yao was merely the renovator of a system long previously established.Advertisement
- These tribes have been subject to the intrusion from the south of more recent Bantu folk, such as the Yao, belonging to the Ama-Zulu branch of the race, while from the north there has been an immigration of Hamito-Negroid peoples.
- Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan: Known informally as Free and Easy Wanderer Pills, this herbal Chinese remedy has been used for centuries to boost the spirits.
- Glu Mobile: Developed such games as Inuyasha, FOX Sports Yao Ming Basketball, and Zuma.
- Pi Xiu or Pi Yao - The Pi Xiu or Pi Yao is an ancient Chinese mythical creature that has the body of a lion and the head of a dragon.
- Currently there are several minorities which still use exorcising masks, including the Miao, Yao, Zhuang, Shui, Buyi and Dong.Advertisement
- Available teams include the Pistons, the Lakers and the Knicks, and the site highlights standout players like Yao Ming and Steve Nash.