Yama sentence example
- For wife he has the spirit of the clouds and waters, Apsaras, and by her became father of the first mortals, Yama and Yami.
- YAMA (Sanskrit "twin," in allusion to his being twin with his sister Yami, traditionally the first human pair), in Hindu mythology, judge of men and king of the unseen world.
- ii.), the first man and the founder of civilization to the Iranians, though not like the Yama of the Vedas.
- In the Brahmana period they were distinguished as " deva " and " yama," the fourteen lucky asterisms being probably associated with the waxing, the fourteen unlucky with the waning moon.'
- In India Yama, the god of Death, is assumed, like Maui, to have been the first to "spy out the path to the other world."Advertisement
- 33), called later Caphar Yama, the present village Yemma, 8 m.
- True, Yama, first of men to enter the world beyond, became the " King of Righteousness " before whose tribunal the dead must appear.
- Azhi; known moreover as Vr~ra): also, the legend of Yama, the first man, son of Vivasvant, who, after a long and blessed life in the happy years of the beginning, was seized by death and now rules in the kingdom of the departed.
- He is the Yama of an Aht paradise, or home of the dead, where " everything is beautiful and abundant."
- In the Atharva Veda, Yama, like Maui in New Zealand, first " spied out the path to the other world," which all men after him have taken.Advertisement
- 14), Yama " sought out a road for many."
- It is he, King Yama, who, following the course of the great rivers, first reconnoitered a path for many.