Yacht club sentence example
- The port is the headquarters of the Royal Harwich Yacht Club.
- It is greatly frequented as a watering-place, especially by the people of Belfast, and there are golf links and important regattas held by the Royal Ulster Yacht Club.
- Here, overlooking the harbour, is the khedivial yacht club (built 1903) and the palace, also called Ras et-Tin, built by Mehemet Ali, a large but not otherwise noteworthy building.
- There are also several excellent clubs and societies, social, political, scientific, and sporting; including among the last the famous Royal Ulster Yacht Club.
- Among other buildings and institutions are a novitiate of Marist Fathers, a science and art school, a pier with pavilion and concert rooms, and a yacht club.Advertisement
- The museums of the city comprise an ethnographical museum, the maritime museum established by the Yacht Club in 1874, and the Boyman's Museum (1867) containing pictures, drawings and engravings, as well as the town library.
- An annual regatta is held early in August by the Royal Swedish Yacht Club (Svenska Segelsallkapet).
- The numerous inland waters and sheltered channels within the skargard have caused the high development of sailing as a summer sport, the Royal Swedish Yacht Club having its headquarters in Stockholm.
- The oldest yacht club in the United Kingdom, the Royal Cork (founded in 1720 as the Cork Harbour Water Club), has its headquarters here, with a club-house, and holds an annual regatta.
- The Parker's " Yacht Club " spa could not be better for regaining some composure.Advertisement
- In Hawaii I kept a good lookout from the bar stool of the Hawaii Yacht Club.
- Woolverstone Marina is set in 22 acres of glorious parkland on the picturesque River Orwell with the Royal Harwich Yacht Club nearby.
- The water is clean with a dock for swimmers and the occasional small sailboat from the nearby yacht club.
- At the foot of the Roig Cape, you'll find the yacht club which offers adventure sports like dinghy sailing and windsurf classes.
- The land where the park was located is now the Crystal Beach Tennis and Yacht Club.Advertisement