Xenopus sentence example
- A tadpole is the larva of a tailless Batrachian after the loss of the external gills and before the egress of the fore limbs (except in the aberrant Xenopus) and the resorption of the tail.
- The recent addition of a third genus of Aglossa, Hymenochirus (24) from tropical Africa, combining characters of Pipa and Xenopus, has removed every doubt as to the real affinity which connects these genera.
- It may be said that, on the whole, the distribution of the batrachians agrees to some extent with that of fresh-water fishes, except for the much less marked affinity between South America and Africa, although even among the former we have the striking example of the distribution of the very natural group of the aglossal batrachians, represented by Pipa in South America and by Xenopus and Hymenochirus in Africa.
- In Xenopus oocytes both isoforms located to the lateral loops of lampbrush chromosomes.
- Xenopus laevis - scientific name for the African clawed frog, one of the model organisms used to study vertebrate development.Advertisement
- Abstract. cDNAs specific to vegetal poles of Xenopus gastrula embryos were used as a probe to screen a gastrula embryos were used as a probe to screen a gastrula vegetal pole cDNA library.
- To investigate the function of spinal inhibitory interneurons in Xenopus tadpoles, paired whole-cell recordings were used.
- We have examined the morphology and longitudinal axon projections of a population of spinal commissural interneurons, in young Xenopus tadpoles.