Xe sentence example
- Thus e1Xe1 = el, e 2 Xe 2 = - e l, e i X e 2 =e 2 X e 1 =e 2.
- 13 C figure of the three lines YX, XE, EY in the frame, and represents the three forces in equilibrium at the point YXE of the frame.
- The direction of YX, being a thrust upwards, shows the direction in which we must go round the triangle YXE to find the direction of the two other forces; doing this we find that the force XE must act down towards the point YXE, and the force EY away from the same point.
- Putting arrows on the frame diagram to indicate the direction of the forces, we see that the member EY must pull and therefore act as a tie, and that the member XE must push and act as a strut.
- Each " saying " is introduced by the phrase Jesus says " (XE'y€) and the collection is described in the introductory words of the 1903 series as Xoyyoc not as X&yca.Advertisement
- The word was coined by Demiscianus, a Greek scholar, at the request of Federigo Cesi, founder of the Accademia dei Lincei, from the Greek ri XE, far, and ovoirEUU, to see.
- If the origin of rectangular axes fixed in the lamina be shifted through a space whose projections on the original directions of the axes are X, u, and if the axes are simultaneously turned through an angle e, the coordinates of a point of the lamina, relative to the original axes, are changed from x, y to X+x cos ey sin e, u+x sin e+y cos e, or X + x ye, u + Xe + y, ultimately.
- Siace E2 + if + ~1, or ef, is necessarily an absolute invariant for all transformations of the (rectangular) co-ordinate axes, we infer that XE + un + v~ is also an absolute invariant.
- Passing to the point Xefa we find two known forces, the load XA acting downwards, and a push from the strut XE, which, being in compression, must push at both ends, as indicated by the arrow, fig.