Wv sentence example
- A further appendix consisted of Anecdotes, Letters and Rescripts of the emperor Hadrian; fables of Aesop; extracts from Hyginus; a history of the Trojan War, abridged from the Iliad; and a legal fragment, Hepi iXethEpci €wv (De manumissionibus).
- If w is the weight of a locomotive in tons, r the radius of curvature of the track, v the velocity in feet per sec.; then the horizontal force exerted on the bridge is wv 2 /gr tons.
- He wrote many historical and geographical works, of which some seem to have been voluminous and of considerable value on account of the sources to which their author had access: (I)`Pwµai,u (2) 'AvvuptaKet: (3) (4) De Arabia sive De expeditione arabica; (5) Physiologa; (6) De Euphorbia herba; (7) IIEpi Ora: (8) IIEpl (IIEpi i'wypci wv): (10) ` Oµo&ornTEs: (II) IIEpi 400pas: (12) 'E?riypaµµa.
- OtiTWS OUK Wv Oeos KOa l .LOV OUK E OLK iSvTWV, Kara/3aXO svoc Kai g Exov 7raoav g v g avrW T'nV TOE) KOagov 7ravolrsppi P (Philos.
- The name logarithm is derived from the words X6 7 wv hp426s, the number of the ratios, and the way of regarding a logarithm which justifies the name may be explained as follows.Advertisement
- So, although the warlike character of Hera was not elsewhere prominent, she assumed a militant aspect in her two chief cities; a festival called the Shield (iuriris, in Pindar ay Wv X6XKEos) was part of the Argive cult, and there was an armed procession in her honour at Samos.
- His extant works consist of two treatises; the one, Hcpi ravovj.thv s v4aipas, contains some simple propositions on the motion of the sphere, the other, IIEpi EirtroXWV Kai Sbo €wv, in two books, discusses the rising and setting of the fixed stars.
- The rim is also subject to a centrifugal tension of amount wv 2 /g pounds per square inch of section, where w is the weight in pounds of a length of one foot of the pulley rim one square inch in section, and v is the velocity of the rim in feet per second.
- The magnitude of the unbalanced force, for a mass of w pounds at a radius of r feet and a velocity of v feet per second, is expressed by wv 2 /gr lb; and, since the force varies as the square of the velocity, it is necessary carefully to balance a pulley running at a high speed to prevent injurious vibrations.
- At high speeds the centrifugal tension of the belt or rope, of amount wv 2 /g, may be considerable, and must be subtracted from the end tensions.Advertisement
- It bears the inscription 17 ir6Xcs 'IIXe wv IIoX63tov AUKOpra ME'yaXoiroXtrriv.
- Frazer both explain Pasiphae's monstrous union as a sacred ceremony (iepos yap,os), at which the queen of Cnossus was wedded to a bull-formed god, just as the wife of the iip X wv lwnXein in Athens was wedded to Dionysus.
- Their name is variously derived from the building in Athens called Cynosarges, the earliest home of the school, and from the Greek word for a dog (Ki wv), in contemptuous allusion to the uncouth and aggressive manners adopted by the members of the school.
- H.P. - (Were ?-W v r v)V ?2240WV ?2240WVa (22) 55 0 550 550G 550g where W e is weight of engine and tender in tons, Wv the weight of vehicles in tons, W the weight of train in tons =W e r e and r z, the respective engine and vehicle resistances taken from the curves fig.
- The third most common cause of injuries to miners in WV in 2010 was machinery, with 21 incidents reported.Advertisement
- Regular inspections do help to increase the effectiveness of WV mine safety policies, but the threat to health and safety cannot be eliminated.
- West Virginia: With a campus deep in coal-mining country, the new uniforms for WV are black and white "smudge" pattern, according to the ESPN's report.