Wroth sentence example
- The writings of his daughter Lady Mary Wroth include a massive and intricate prose romance and a brilliant sonnet sequence.
- And such since thou canst make thine own content, Strive, Wroth, to live long innocent.
- Needless to say I waxed wroth, and left none that I could find alive.
- And you, when the sovereign grace of the gospel comes to you, are " very wroth.
- In the summer she returned to Coppet and wroth a pamphlet (Reflexions sur le proces de la refine) on the queen's execution.Advertisement
- Under the later reigns the Tyche figure (the personification of a Greek city) becomes common as a coin type (Wroth, Coins of Parthia, pp. liii., lxxiv.).
- And you, when the sovereign grace of the gospel comes to you, are very wroth.
- Wroth, Catalogue of the Coins of Parthia in the British Museum (London, 1903), who carefully revised the statements of his predecessors.
- During the years prior to the Great Rebellion, however, in spite of the preaching and writings of Vicar Prichard, Wroth and others, the vast mass of Welshmen of all classes remained friendly to the High Church policy of Laud and staunch supporters of the king's prerogative.
- See Warwick Wroth, London Pleasure Gardens of the Eighteenth Century (London, 1896).Advertisement
- He hated vital religion and grew wroth at every manifestation of it.
- Although a strong opponent of Laud's and Charles's ecclesiastical policy, Prichard lived unmolested, and even rose to be chancellor of St Davids; but the indiscreet Wroth, " the founder and father of nonconformity in Wales," being suspended in 1638 by Bishop Murray of Llandaff, founded a small community.
- Laetus a,lso wroth commentaries on classical authors, and promoted the publication of the editio princeps of Virgil at Rome in 1469.