Wrongful death sentence example
- Supreme Court Act 1981 and County Court Acts 1984 governed pre-action disclosure in respect of personal injury and wrongful death.
- By 1986, Raymark Corporation had been named as a defendant in more than 88,000 asbestos-related personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
- The emotional wrongful death case of actor John Ritter, most well known for his role as Jack Tripper on the sitcom Three's Company, came to an end today with the jury clearing the doctors of any wrong doing.
- Amy Yasbeck, Ritter's widow, later brought on a $67 million wrongful death suit.
- The jury ultimately sided with doctors Lee and Lotysch, clearing both the doctors of any wrong doing and dismissing the Ritter family's wrongful death case.Advertisement
- The family of Awatef Aboudihaj brought on a $50 million wrongful death civil suit against Brandy, in which part of it was just settled in court.
- Debilitating injuries or those that cause continued medical hardship, as well as wrongful death suits, do require experienced legal representation.