Writ of summons sentence example
writ of summons
- The wish expressed by the Whigs, that a member of the electoral family should be invited to England, had already aroused the queen's indignation in 1708; and now, in 1714, a writ of summons for the electoral prince as duke of Cambridge having been obtained, Anne forbade the Hanoverian envoy, Baron Schutz, her presence, and declared all who supported the project her enemies; while to a memorial on the same subject from the electress Sophia and her grandson in May, Anne replied in an angry letter, which is said to have caused the death of the electress on the 8th of June, requesting them not to trouble the peace of her realm or diminish her authority.
- In 1319 Glastonbury received a writ of summons to parliament, but made no return, and has not since been represented.
- The latter, however, would seem to be the case, since a bishop was entitled to his writ of summons after confirmation and before doing homage for his barony.
- At Praed Street chapel he gradually obtained a ' The original writ of summons (1299) was addressed in Latin, Roberto domino de Clif f ord, i.e.
- Thomas, son of Maurice, was allowed to succeed his father in the lands, and, having a writ of summons to parliament in 1295, he is reckoned the first hereditary baron of the line.Advertisement
- Under the will of his father, Colonel William Berkeley, the eldest illegitimate son, had the castle and estates, and on the failure of his claim to the earldom he demanded a writ of summons as a baron by reason of his tenure of the castle.
- Scholars apply three tests to determine the validity of baronies ~ (1) does the holder receive a writ of summons to Parliament?