Worthiness sentence example
- In the Loci of 1535 Melanchthon sought to put the fact of the co-existence of justification and good works in the believer on a secure basis by declaring the latter necessary to eternal life, though the believer's destiny thereto is already fully guaranteed in his justification, In the Loci of 1543 he did not retain the doctrine of the necessity of good works in order to salvation, and to this he added, in the Leipzig Interim, "that this in no way countenances the error that eternal life is merited by the worthiness of our own works."
- In the Augsburg Confession (1530), which was largely due to him, freedom is claimed for the will in non-religious matters, and in the Loci of 1533 he calls the denial of freedom Stoicism, and holds that in justification there is a certain causality, though not worthiness, in the recipient, subordinate to the Divine causality.
- The catechetic course, which formerly preceded the complete rite, now intervenes between its two halves; and the sponsors who formerly attested the worthiness of the candidate and received him up as anadochi out of the font, have become god-parents, who take the baptismal vows vicariously for infants who cannot answer for themselves.
- A favorite event is the junk-collection ship building contest, where hopeful engineers can use only materials found around the ship and each vessel is tested in a hot tub for sea worthiness and durability.
- Foremost on my "worthiness" list is whether the product can produce a number of looks with just a few colors - if so, I know it's worth the price and will pay for itself over time.Advertisement
- These opportunities help them to feel less alone, and give them a sense of belonging and a sense of worthiness as they create things for themselves and their loved ones.
- Because this donation letter is directed primarily at people she knows, the letter can appeal to both the worthiness of the cause and the author's passion for what she is doing.
- In an attempt to see if Corey really knows his stuff, Rick challenges him to identify the worthiness of the shop's items.
- Following the legal procedures can seem like a daunting task, and it may be almost offensive to some parents who feel as though they are being forced to prove their worthiness as parents.