Worthiest sentence example
- " The kingdom of God was not to be begun by whole parishes, but rather of the worthiest, were they never so few."
- Hooker, who speaks of Jewel as "the worthiest divine that Christendom bath bred for some hundreds of years," was one of the boys whom Jewel prepared in his house for the university; and his Ecclesiastical Polity owes much to Jewel's training.
- Ali is described as a bold, noble and generous man, "the last and worthiest of the primitive Moslems, who imbibed his religious enthusiasm from companionship with the prophet himself, and who followed to the last the simplicity of his example."
- He was far the worthiest of the three candidates, but it was an intolerable invasion of the rights of the English crown and the English Church that an archbishop should be foisted on them in this fashion.
- No, no; if the fairest features of the landscape are to be named after men, let them be the noblest and worthiest men alone.Advertisement
- The fruits eaten temperately need not make us ashamed of our appetites, nor interrupt the worthiest pursuits.
- We expect immortality not merely because we desire it; but because the desire itself arises from all that is best and truest and worthiest in ourselves.
- The desire is reasonable, moral, social, religious; it has the same worth as the loftiest ideals, and worthiest aspirations of the soul of man.
- SaintSimon is described as the most estimable and lovable of men, and the most delightful in his relations; he is the worthiest of philosophers.
- fandom's oldest travel fund, and one of its worthiest causes Ã give early and often!Advertisement
- Arthur pursued him and they met in battle on the Isle of Man, where Arthur killed the young renegade, his worthiest foe.