World-s-end sentence example
- She was reported to have said that she cared not to lose France, England and her own country for him, and would go with him to the world's end in a white petticoat ere she left him.
- (iii.) He was an enthusiastic dreamer, expecting the world's end.
- And that sacrifice but once actually t performed at His death, but ever before represented in figure, from the beginning; and ever since repeated in memory to the world's end.
- According to the Memoirs of Sir James Melville, both Lord Herries and himself resolved to appeal to the queen in terms of bold and earnest remonstrance against so desperate and scandalous a design; Herries, having been met with assurances of its unreality and professions of astonishment at the suggestion, instantly fled from court; Melville, evading the danger of a merely personal protest without backers to support him, laid before Mary a letter from a loyal Scot long resident in England, which urged upon her consideration and her conscience the danger and disgrace of such a project yet more freely than Herries had ventured to do by word of mouth; but the sole result was that it needed all the queen's courage and resolution to rescue him from the violence of the man for whom, she was reported to have said, she cared not if she lost France, England and her own country, and would go with him to the world's end in a white petticoat before she would leave him.
- Samuel Gower Poole, brewer, also had a storehouse at World's End in 1785.Advertisement
- In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Norrington is stabbed and was, of course, offered an immortal life of slavery on Davey Jones' ship, but Norrington declined.