Work-off sentence example
- The debtor being seized for debt could nominate as mancipium or hostage to work off the debt, his wife, a child, or slave.
- A statement of indicated horse-power supplies a measure force acting in the cylinder of an engine, but the power available for doing external work off the crank-shaft is less than this by the amount absorbed in driving the engine itself.
- Answer C will help you work off a few calories and perk you up however you may still feel a bit drowsy.
- One bad race sees Sean in hoc to local kingpin Han, who asks him to work off his debt.
- Then it's off to 4 top nightspots to work off all those calories, with VIP entrance into each venue.Advertisement
- Just as she needed to work off her spleen so she had sometimes to exercise her still-existing faculty of thinking--and the pretext for that was a game of patience.
- Include an area for your child to climb and tumble to help work off some of that energy built up from the artwork project.
- Even a short walk or a turn at the playground can help them work off some of the physical tensions connected with mourning.
- Most choreographers work off of 8-count sequences, which add ease to memorization and also fits the rhythm of most styles of music.
- Even though there are distinct advantages to work from home government jobs, some managers are hesitant to allow employees to work off site.Advertisement
- Any woman who has ever counted calories, or has run for miles on the treadmill just to work off that extra ice cream cone knows that staying in shape takes hard work.
- Now that you have the items you believe the person truly enjoyed you can work off that to think of others.
- One thing that many authors don't consider is the importance of having a second set of eyes to bounce your work off of as you go.
- For example, if you start to get really anxious when project deadlines draw near, don't allow yourself to put work off until the last minute.
- Do you really want to walk four and a half extra miles to work off that piece of key lime pie you couldn't resist?Advertisement
- At that time, it operated off of the Gnutella network, but within six months, the developers switched the program to work off of its own network.
- Her parents got her involved in martial arts to boost her confidence and help her work off the pounds.
- Hiking or biking is a great way to work off the endless food offered at the churrascarias.