Wooed sentence example
- The basis of the 6th tablet is the familiar nature-myth of the change of seasons, in which Gilgamesh plays the part of the youthful solar god of the springtime, who is wooed by the goddess of fertility, Ishtar.
- The cuckoo was also sacred to Hera, who, according to the Argive legend, was wooed by Zeus in the form of the bird.
- In order to secure promotion, he successfully wooed Vikki away from Danny.
- The May-December romances ended with funerals for five elderly men, all wooed by younger women.
- It wooed much of the press, but its styling was n't universally favored.Advertisement
- Quiet and introspective water signs are often wooed by the zeal and passion of the fire signs, just as earth-heavy signs are wooed by the ebullient nature of air-people.
- She might even frown upon his showmanship in his method of courting, but secretly, she'll be wooed by his finesse and impressed with his taste and style.
- This time, however, the women are in the driver's seat and get wooed by a group of men.
- If a Virgo has trained his discerning eyes on you, be prepared to be wooed with style.
- Death had her pick of badasses from every generation of man and creature, and she wooed every one with the promise of endless riches and the ability to leave when they chose.Advertisement
- The young poet wooed the girl with poems, romances, dramas and mute worship, but received nothing except chilling indifference and lively ridicule.
- It was the Yirkins' first venture into their system, and they'd chosen Anshan, aided by traitors within his father's government who were wooed with the promise of ruling their own planet.
- My daughters wooed, engaged and married by _machinery!_ And you're only eighteen; do you hear me?
- Henry was much courted, and wooed with promises of lands to be won from the other side by his ally of the moment.