Winkle sentence example
- Time to wake up, Rip Van Winkle.
- Van Winkle claimed that producers had asked him to "spice things up" to create more drama.
- Mrs. Van Winkle claimed that her husband was hitting and kicking her.
- He would be embarrassed if he woke to find he looked like Rip Van Winkle.
- He played "Rip Van Winkle."Advertisement
- The Police Chief, Joe Winkle, told them that roll call would be at 6 o'clock, with the warning, "Do not be late."
- Police were called to the Van Winkle residence in the early evening hours, hailed there by his wife Laura.
- And he was a compulsive peeler, itching to open the casing of things and people, to winkle out the content packed within.
- Being the sixties, the fashion of the day were winkle pickers, shoes or boots where the front ended in a sharp point.
- Other finds included fragments of medieval pottery and hundreds of edible winkle shells which were also used for fishing bait.Advertisement
- I might have mistaken it for any number of lazy provincial towns but for the sight of a winkle stall down from the station.
- This isn't Van Winkle's first arrest and more alarmingly, not his first domestic violence arrest.
- Vanilla Ice Freaks Out - During season two, Vanilla Ice - who asked that he be called by his proper name, Rob van Winkle - became increasingly upset by the his image on the wall of the house.
- Mr. Jefferson recited the best dialogues of "Rip Van Winkle," in which the tear came close upon the smile.