Windlass sentence example
- The grandest place of all is the Colossal Dome, which used to be entered only from the apex by windlass and a rope reaching 135 ft.
- Never leave the windlass (lock key) on the spindle.
- This would need a special windlass, not unlike the River Great Ouse type.
- While we were wandering around an EA guy with a very large windlass came over and had a chat.
- The chain windlass is just beyond the bridge ramp.Advertisement
- No problems, anchor held well and the manual windlass made lifting the anchor straightforward.
- It is most probable his wife worked the hand windlass to wind the coal to the surface.
- The Indian sulphur miners go down by means of ladders, or are lowered by rope and windlass, and the mineral is sent down the mountain side in a chute 2000 to 3000 ft.
- In the Egyptian ships the hogging trusses were plainly tensioned by twisting them together, making what is often called a Spanish Windlass.
- Windlass kit with all parts ready for assembly including teacher 's notes.Advertisement
- The tail gates and tail gate paddles of this lock and Lock 2w are hydraulic and operated by windlass.
- They had then rushed out into the hall, where Ames had turned the windlass which lowered the drawbridge.
- She does not have an anchor windlass, refrigerator or running hot water.
- In the Egyptian ships the hogging trusses were plainly tensioned by twisting them together, making what is often called a Spanish windlass.
- The horizontal windlass offers the best performance with smaller or unusual locker designs.Advertisement
- The picture at the top of the page features a Medieval crossbow windlass used during the Middle Ages.
- The creators work to understand things like the stance phase, the swing phase and the windlass mechanism, for example.
- The monasteries stand on the summit of these pinnacles; they are accessible only by aid of rope and net worked by a windlass from the top, or by a series of almost perpendicular ladders climbing the cliff.