Wields sentence example
- The duke, who bears the title of "Highness," wields the executive power while sharing the legislation with the estates.
- Every village, however small, every separate quarter of a town, has a sheikh in whom is lodged the executive power of government - a power loosely defined, and of more or less extent according to the personal character and means of the individual who wields it.
- They are brought about by "the rod of God," which Moses wields, the effect being instantaneous and all-embracing.
- But the Zacynthians have a special sea god, half man, half fish, who dwells under the sea, rides on dolphins or in a car drawn by dolphins, and wields a trident.
- Sankara also founded four Maths, or convents, for Brahmans; the chief one being that of Sringeri in Mysore, the spiritual head (Guru) of which wields considerable power, even that of excommunication, over the Saivas of southern India.Advertisement
- But he also takes the dominance of Lee - he wields a bullwhip and has his women enslaved by his power.
- Big mistake, especially as the son wields a large meat cleaver and isn't fussed about who he kills.
- ennobles the man who wields it.
- sceptre the Lord who wields the scepter, it is the King who is urged to rule.
- Now Sheriff Chris Vaughn, he wields a huge stick fashioned from lumber mill pine.Advertisement
- wields what is perhaps his most controversial premise.
- If the source of power lies neither in the physical nor in the moral qualities of him who possesses it, it must evidently be looked for elsewhere--in the relation to the people of the man who wields the power.
- It is the Lord who wields the scepter, it is the King who is urged to rule.
- At this point Anselm wields what is perhaps his most controversial premise.
- When Kratos starts out in God of War, he wields a pair of axes that have actually been seared into his flesh by a pair of chains that run up the length of his arms.Advertisement
- Using acrobatic ninja-like moves, the Prince cartwheels, kicks, wields dual weapons, launches from walls and runs over top enemies in a truly cinematic (and Matrix-esque) style that will have your eyes bugged out for half the game.
- To top it all off, Dante wields two custom pistols named Ebony and Ivory.
- He is often dressed in attire similar to Roman armor, and he wields a large sword and a heavy shield.