Wide-awake sentence example
- He sounded wide awake.
- He was one of those people who came instantly wide awake and fell asleep with equal speed.
- For a long time she lay wide awake with her eyes closed.
- In their youth, the Epeirae, who are then very wide-awake, know nothing of the art of telegraphy.
- Although white eyeliner can be used in a retro-like fashion when applied as a thin line across the upper eyelid, applying eyeliner in an inverted v-shape on the inner corner of the eye will instantly make eyes appear large and wide awake.Advertisement
- By the time you've located Clocky, you'll be wide awake.
- She'll wake up in the middle of the night, wide awake.
- The moment his lips touched hers, she was wide awake.
- Dean woke with a start in the darkened room, as wide-awake as mid-day of a grade school vacation.
- He was wide-awake now.Advertisement
- Finally, as wide awake as a kid on Christmas morning, he gave up the ghosts and dressed, intent on making the trip for the sole satisfaction of punching out Vinnie Baratto.
- Neither attachment nor even habit impresses him; never tame, though not wide-awake enough to be exactly wild."
- People who cannot scry may have these hypnagogic illusions, and, so far, may partly understand the experience of the scryer who is wide awake.
- Meanwhile Sultan Mahmud, now wide awake to the danger, had been preparing for a systematic effort to suppress the rising.
- The campaign was unusually animated - only the Whig campaign for William Henry Harrison in 1840 is comparable to it: there were great torchlight processions of "wide-awake" clubs, which did "railfence," or zigzag, marches, and carried rails in honour of their candidate, the "rail-splitter."Advertisement
- Needless to say, after all of this, the typical sleeper is wide awake.
- Dean was wide awake in a flash.