Whomsoever sentence example
- Whenever the name of the three-one God is used, the sacrament is declared valid by whomsoever it may be performed.
- 26 declares guilty of lese-majeste whomsoever shall in any way usurp or infringe the king's absolute authority.
- The biens nobles (fiefs) and the biens ecclesiastiques were exempt; tenures roturieres, however, by whomsoever held, were taxed.
- And Saul said: ` Cast (the lot) between me and Jonathan my son, and on whomsoever Jehovah shall cause the lot to fall let him die.'
- But from whomsoever the expression proceeds - whether from Papias, or his informant, or "the elder"- we may feel sure that considerations such as appeal to us from our training in historical criticism are not those which suggested it, but rather the want of agreement between this Gospel and some standard which on altogether different grounds was applied to it.Advertisement
- He was further entrusted by Augustus with a summary criminal jurisdiction over slaves and rioters, which was, however, gradually extended till in the time of Severus or even earlier it embraced all offences by whomsoever committed.
- whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
- He that receiveth whomsoever I send, receiveth me...
- And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
- And it has been an established principle of the undivided church since the 3rd century, the bishop of Rome in this case upholding against St Cyprian the view which subsequent generations have ratified as Catholic truth, that baptism by whomsoever administered is valid if water is used with the right words.Advertisement
- But, by whomsoever conferred, knighthood at one time endowed the recipient with the same status and attributes in every country wherein chivalry was recognized.
- When the charge was shifted to the question of her intrigues with Spain, she took her stand resolutely on her own right to convey whatever right she possessed, though now no kingdom was left her for disposal, to whomsoever she might choose.
- She can marry whomsoever she wishes - no one can force her to marry a particular person.
- He that receiveth whomsoever I send, receiveth me.. .