Whole blood sentence example
- Plasma, fresh-frozen means the supernatant plasma separated from a whole blood donation or plasma collected by apheresis, frozen and stored.
- The patient should be transfused with whole blood or plasma.
- Household exposures to drinking water disinfection by-products: whole blood trihalomethane levels.
- This treatment may be infusion with saline or plasma or a transfusion of whole blood.
- Plasmapheresis-a process where whole blood is removed from the body, processed through a filtering system, and then returned to the body-may be used to filter phytanic acid from the blood.Advertisement
- Blood glucose monitoring: Daily measurement of whole blood glucose identifies diabetics who require intervention to maintain their blood glucose within an acceptable range as determined by their physician.
- The test is usually performed using a drop of whole blood obtained by finger puncture.
- Point-of-care and home glucose monitors measure glucose in whole blood rather than plasma and are accurate generally within a range of glucose concentration between 40 and 450 mg/dL.
- In addition, whole blood glucose measurements are generally 10 percent lower than serum or plasma glucose.
- An eight-hour fast is required for the fasting plasma or whole-blood glucose test.Advertisement
- Transfusions of packed red blood cells or whole blood may also be used to replace blood volume and to stimulate the body's own production of red blood cells.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines childhood lead poisoning as a whole-blood lead concentration equal to or greater than 10 micrograms/dL.