Whittling sentence example
- He was whittling down her resistance.
- The whittling away of its formal or organizing rubrics, as e.g., sameness into likeness, is disconcerting to science wherever the significance of the process is realized.
- To what the remaining difference was due it is difficult to say with certitude; there are some who argue that the tendency of prices to fall is inherent, and that the constant whittling away of intermediaries' profits is sufficient explanation, while bi-metallists have maintained that the phenomenon is clearly to be traced to the action of the German government in demonetizing silver in 1872.
- Whittling down the vast range to a selection of couture coats is a wise plan, especially if the goal is to find a coat that will remain timeless.
- Your interest rate may also be adjustable and you could end up paying more in interest over time, without whittling away at your principal.Advertisement
- Today's corset is generally much less restricting and worn more for fashion and sensuality than true whittling of the shape.
- This style of girdle can be purchased to do anything you want, from holding in awkward fleshy bits to smoothing curves and whittling the waist.
- Teams who finish each leg last can be eliminated, therefore whittling down the margin of competitors.
- Show producers are responsible for whittling down the first round.
- She knocked away his next attempt to reach her, fully aware he was distracting her physically while whittling down her resistance mentally.Advertisement
- whittleitain the Boy Scouts took on folk ideas: camping, building fires, whittling sticks.
- whittleournemouth exhibitions team, who organize the annual competition, had the tough task of whittling down the entrants to just six finalists.
- In Britain the Boy Scouts took on folk ideas: camping, building fires, whittling sticks.
- The Bournemouth exhibitions team, who organize the annual competition, had the tough task of whittling down the entrants to just six finalists.
- Keep whittling down your list and making design tradeoffs until your "wish list" is priced equal to your established budget.Advertisement
- Sometimes, the process of whittling them down can be overwhelming.
- There's a shaping garment for literally every single purpose, from supporting flabby arms and whittling thick waistlines to smoothing bulgy hips and flattening round bellies.