Whitehaven sentence example
- The fisheries are extensive, and though there are no ports of the first magnitude on the firth, a considerable shipping trade is carried on at Whitehaven, Harrington, Workington, Maryport and Silloth in Cumberland, and at Annan, Kirkcudbright, Creetown and Wigtown on the Scottish side.
- Whitehaven (Witofthaven) was an insignificant possession of the priory of St Bee which became crown property at the dissolution of the religious houses.
- Since the Reform Act of 1832 Whitehaven has returned one representative to parliament.
- Whitehaven coal was sent chiefly to Ireland in the 18th century.
- In 1892 Maryport became an independent port with Workington, Whitehaven and Millom subordinate to it.Advertisement
- In England valuable deposits occur in the Carboniferous Limestone of west Cumberland (Whitehaven district) and north Lancashire (Ulverston district).
- Where the Coal Measures reach the sea at Whitehaven, there are coal-mines, and the hematite of the Carboniferous Limestones has given rise to the active ironworks of Barrow-in-Furness, now the largest town in the district.
- He was taken over to England as an infant and nursed at Whitehaven, whence he returned to Ireland in his fourth year.
- Whitehaven is similarly supplied from Ennerdale, and in the year 1894 Thirlmere in Cumberland was brought into use, as already mentioned, for the supply of Manchester.
- Amateurs clinch title in style WHITEHAVEN clinch title in style WHITEHAVEN clinched the Wearside League title in style as they became the first Cumbrian side to finish as champions.Advertisement
- There were even plans for a new ironworks at Whitehaven, but this plan was dropped after Lord Lonsdale refused to give his support.
- The C2C can be turned into a circular route by returning to Whitehaven via the Reivers Cycle Route.
- Richmond man in court A RICHMOND, Whitehaven, man is to face trial at Carlisle Crown Court over an alleged sexual touching.
- The marina and harbor have been redeveloped as part of the Renaissance of Whitehaven.
- Recently Sally Greer was in Whitehaven with her father to see the shipyard site that started the entire saga.Advertisement
- They toured Whitehaven in sweltering 80 degree temperatures on Tuesday viewing the townÃ¢s beautiful blooms and spotless streets.