White-sauce sentence example
- By ' properly ' I mean generously seasoned with Parmesan and a little nutmeg, and made with a slowly cooked white sauce.
- Add the remaining butter to the saucepan and make a white sauce with the flour and milk and add the zest and orange juice.
- Furthermore, the book contains some good tips like, using arrowroot to thicken a basic white sauce.
- One of the mother sauces, the white sauce or béchamel fits the bill.
- The white sauce base, made from milk thickened with a gluten-free roux, can easily be modified with additions of spices, cheese, or herbs to form a delicious accompaniment to fish or chicken.Advertisement
- Start with a simple, medium white sauce by cooking 2 tablespoons of butter with two tablespoons of all-purpose flour over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly with the whisk until the white sauce thickens.