White-matter sentence example
- nerve cell bodies are in the front pole of the white matter.
- In such cases the paths of degeneration are so neatly defined that, when the tissues are prepared after death by modern methods, they are plainly to be seen running along certain columns, the subdivisions of which in the normal state may hardly be distinguishable one from another: some run in strips along the periphery of the spinal cord, at its anterior, middle or posterior segments, as the case may be; in other cases such strips occur within its substance, whether along columns of cells or of white matter.
- These are pre-Mycenaean, and their only ornament is scratches, into which white matter has been pressed.
- Exploring white matter tracts in band heterotopia using diffusion tractography.
- Widespread white matter demyelination and subcortical lacunar infarcts are demonstrated by magnetic resonance imaging.Advertisement
- Note the red dot in the white matter just left of the caudate nucleus in the upper middle of the left hemisphere.
- The above figures show the injection of dye and virus into the white matter tracts of the cerebellar peduncle of a mouse.
- Arrows represent white matter tracts of the ascending reticular activating system.
- Canavan disease: an inherited metabolic disorder characterized by degeneration of the white matter of the brain.
- This mild injury to the white matter reduces the quality of communication between different parts or the brain.Advertisement
- A number of brain scan studies also indicate a degeneration of the white matter in the brains of older patients who have not maintained adequate dietary control.
- Axons are covered by sheaths of an insulating whitish substance called myelin, and the region in which they lie is accordingly called white matter.
- Those with autism may have atypical amounts of white matter in the temporal lobes of the brain, parts associated with social skills and language.